Associate (m/f/d) (#3398)
For our partner, Apollo Ventures, a Life Sciences venture capital firm and Life Sciences company builder working across Europe and North America, we are looking for an Associate (m/f/d). Apollo is unique among investment firms due to its focus on a specific field of scientific research – the basic biology of aging. Apollo helps scientists working on understanding how and why we age to set up companies based on their discoveries, then builds those companies together with scientists and biotech professionals.Apollo is looking for an energetic and entrepreneurial Associate to help build great new therapeutics companies. As an Associate (m/f/d), your main responsibilities are to identify attractive opportunities, negotiate deal terms, and become operationally involved in portfolio companies as well as potentially serving on boards. You would be supported by a team of highly engaged and qualified colleagues who bring significant scientific and entrepreneurial experience.You would have the unique opportunity to shape Apollo Ventures at an early stage and to be part in one of the most dynamic fields of research.
- Prepare and attend scientific meetings and conferences; representing Apollo in the scientific world
- Identify potential early stage targets in the field of aging research
- Assess viability of scientific basis of potential targets
- Lead overall deal making process including negotiations of terms
- Guide the portfolio companies towards rapidly reaching value inflection points
- Serving on the board of the portfolio companies; actively participating in decision-making process to drive development and commercialization
- You hold a graduate degree in Life Sciences and have a strong scientific network
- You have worked for 3-5 years in the biotech industry or for a biotech focused venture capital firm
- You are fascinated by and have a deep scientific interest in the field of aging research
- You have experience working with or in start-ups pursuing preclinical and clinical development (ideally)
- You have exceptional analytical and conceptual skills
- You are motivated, enthusiastic and feel compelled to push things forward
- Your entrepreneurial spirit is ubiquitous
- You speak native level English
- Being part in and able to shape one of the most interesting and challenging fields of research
- High degree of autonomy from day one
- Direct contact with the founders and shareholders of our ventures
- Profound insights into various startup-phases: from foundation to exit-maturity
- A board member seat in the portfolio companies
- A huge network of international decision-makers and investors
- A competitive salary alongside participation in our ventures
- Being part of the Apollo management team and deciding on the future strategic direction
- Modern and start-up like work environment in a top location in Hamburg, Germany
Join the team now by applying via our online portal. Your contact person is Katharina List.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (+49 40 211 076 218).
We are looking forward to your application.
Gemäß Art. 14 DSGVO informieren wir unter Ziffer 9 unserer Datenschutzerklärung über die Einzelheiten der durch Korrespondenz mit potenziellen Kandidaten generierten Daten: www.sinceritas.com/datenschutz