Chief Executive Officer I (m/f/d) (#3400)
For our partner, Apollo Ventures, a Life Sciences venture capital firm and Life Sciences company builder working across Europe and North America, we are looking for a Chief Executive Officer (m/f/d). Apollo is unique among investment firms due to its focus on a specific field of scientific research – the basic biology of aging. Apollo helps scientists working on understanding how and why we age to set up companies based on their discoveries, then builds those companies together with scientists and biotech professionals. Apollo Ventures is looking for an experienced Chief Executive Officer (m/f/d) for one of our portfolio companies, focused on geroprotector screening. The job is based in Europe, and allows remote work. You will periodically visit Paris, Graz, Hamburg, and Oxford.Your job will be to drive cross-functional product development operational activities for early development compounds, as well as responsibility for driving strategic planning and execution.As CEO (m/f/d), your activities will include: planning, coordinating and tracking the progress of drug development programs, communicating and negotiating with TTOs and external partners such as CROs and CDMOs, and actively participate in cross-functional team meetings.You would have the unique opportunity to shape one of the most exciting pharmaceutical companies of the last decade, and to be part in one of the most dynamic fields of research.
- Coordinate 3-4 preclinical geroprotector development projects
- Develop and manage project plans, timelines, agendas, budgets, resourcing requirements, rolling summaries and other tools required to facilitate planning and coordination of deliverables for the projects
- Assess project issues and develop solutions to meet productivity and quality goals and objectives
- Have regular check-ins with CROs, academic collaborators, and CDMOs running ADME and PK + Tox
- Source, manage and negotiate contracts with CROs and CDMOs
- Drive strategic planning and execution and help build the team around the product
- Raise the series A round
- Negotiate co-development and financing deals with industry partners
- Select clinical indications and partner with patient groups and regulators
- Recruit Key Opinion Leaders for the Scientific Advisory Board
- You hold a graduate degree in Life Sciences, PhD level preferred
- You have worked for at least 10 years in the biotech industry, with at least half that time being in a drug development management role, ideally focusing on small molecules and natural product derivatives
- You have broad operational experience with an understanding of the drug development process
- You are well experienced in sourcing, managing, and negotiating with CROs and CDMOs
- You are energetic, highly organized, detail oriented, diplomatic, and calm under pressure
- You have experience working with or in start-ups (ideally), and are able to deal with uncertainty in a constructive manner and generate options for moving forward
- You speak fluent English. German and French also preferred.
- Being part of and able to shape one of the most interesting and challenging fields of research – the geroscience and the biology of aging
- The opportunity to work in a highly motivated international team
- A competitive salary
- Equity package
Join the team now by applying via our online portal. Your contact person is Katharina List.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (+49 40 211 076 218).
We are looking forward to your application.
Gemäß Art. 14 DSGVO informieren wir unter Ziffer 9 unserer Datenschutzerklärung über die Einzelheiten der durch Korrespondenz mit potenziellen Kandidaten generierten Daten: www.sinceritas.com/datenschutz