Moonshot Venture Fellowship Program (#3397)
For our partner, Apollo Ventures, a Life Sciences venture capital firm and Life Sciences company builder working across Europe and North America, we are looking for a passionate scientist (m/f/d). Apollo is unique among investment firms due to its focus on a specific field of scientific research – the basic biology of aging. Apollo helps scientists working on understanding how and why we age to set up companies based on their discoveries, then builds those companies together with scientists and biotech professionals.The Moonshot Venture Fellowship is a 12-month program designed to give scientists the experience and support to create, launch, and build a venture-backed Life Sciences company based on outstanding science. For a scientist with a passion for translating research into medicines that make a difference for patients, the Moonshot Fellowship is an accelerated path to equip the Fellow with the skills to be a leader in life science companies.The program is fast paced, puts an enormous amount of responsibility in the hands of the fellow, and has the potential to result in the creation of new medicines that could help millions of people.
- Discover and evaluate ground-breaking science that could be used to start a new company and generate new investment ideas for Apollo e.g., by monitoring scientific journals
- Perform market research on the Life Sciences investment market
- Support entire deal making process for potential portfolio companies
- Define preclinical and clinical projects to be pursued by this new company
- Build a research plan, clinical development plan, and budget for this new company together with other members of Apollo's extended team
- Assess the regulatory and IP landscape for a scientific area of interest
- Work with Apollo’s entrepreneurs on operational and strategic issues for portfolio companies
- Passionate scientist with deep expertise related to the biology of aging (degree candidate or graduate degree in Life Sciences)
- Highly entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to think translationally across multiple disciplines with the aim of creating something completely new
- Self-directed working style to succeed in a non-hierarchical environment with a fast-moving, young team
- Demonstrated excellence in scientific research and data analysis
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- An appetite for going stretching outside their comfort zone to take on projects related to business development, clinical trials, and investing
- Work side by side with some of the top investors and scientists focused on aging in the world
- Acquire the skills needed for an academic to start companies and turn a concept into a therapeutic
- Lead the efforts to found and build a new company from concept through launch
- Take a leadership role in the company you helped found after launch
- Build their network at the interface of aging science and startups, where Apollo is an international leader
Join the team now by applying via our online portal. Your contact person is Katharina List.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (+49 40 211 076 218).
We are looking forward to your application.
Gemäß Art. 14 DSGVO informieren wir unter Ziffer 9 unserer Datenschutzerklärung über die Einzelheiten der durch Korrespondenz mit potenziellen Kandidaten generierten Daten: www.sinceritas.com/datenschutz